Many women share the goal of getting their pre-pregnancy body back after having children. But during childbirth, a woman’s body may undergo changes that can only be reversed through surgical procedures such as breast augmentation, liposuction, and abdominoplasty (“tummy tuck”).
Fortunately, women now have an option for fully restoring their body to its pre-pregnancy aesthetic: a mommy makeover. A mommy makeover allows women to combine some of the most transformative plastic surgery procedures available to produce optimal rejuvenation for the body.
Your consultation for a mommy makeover will be the first important step toward getting your ideal body back. The following information will explain what to expect at your consultation, and it will provide you with some tips to have a productive meeting with your surgeon.
What to Expect at Your Mommy Makeover Consultation
Your mommy makeover consultation will give you a chance to decide whether this procedure is right for you. All of your questions and concerns will be answered, including how much the procedure will cost, how much time for recovery will be required, how the surgery (or surgeries) will be performed, and any other relevant details.
The consultation will also include a physical examination, which will allow your surgeon to assess your particular cosmetic concerns. Depending on how your body has been altered by childbirth, the following procedures may be suggested:
- Breast Augmentation: The breasts undergo significant changes during pregnancy and well after childbirth. Many women find that their breasts have taken on a “deflated” appearance, especially after the weight fluctuations of pregnancy. A breast augmentation can enhance both the size and shape of breasts with implants. Whether you’d like to simply restore your breasts to their pre-pregnancy size or you’d prefer to enlarge them, Dr. Cangello can create a treatment plan that aligns with your cosmetic tastes.
- Breast Lift: Breast augmentation alone cannot provide significant lift to the breasts, which is why many women choose to undergo a breast lift as well. This particular combination is one of the most popular surgical options for women undergoing a mommy makeover. This procedure can eliminate excess skin, lift the breasts to a more youthful position, and resize the nipple-areolar complex, if needed.
- Tummy Tuck: The stretching caused by pregnancy and childbirth makes the abdomen especially likely to undergo cosmetic and functional changes. In many cases, the abdominal muscles separate and cannot return to their regular position without surgery. Pregnancy can also leave excess skin and exercise-resistant fat on the abdomen. With a tummy tuck, all of these issues can be corrected in one procedure.
- Liposuction: The weight gain of pregnancy may cause you to develop stubborn pockets of fat on the abdomen, hips, and thighs. While the rest of your body might look great, these fat deposits can detract from your otherwise fit appearance. After having children, many women turn to liposuction. This procedure eliminates fat in a highly targeted fashion and creates ideal contours on the body. When diet and exercise fail to produce the changes you want, liposuction can help you achieve your ideal figure.
- Injectables: With the stress of motherhood, you might notice more fine lines and wrinkles on your face. Non-invasive treatments like injectables can rejuvenate your face for a refreshed appearance without the need for surgery or general anesthesia. Dermal fillers are excellent options for filling in surface depressions like lines and creases on the face. They can also restore volume to hollowed-out areas and create pleasing facial contours. Botox® injections can likewise reduce the appearance of wrinkles on the face with virtually no downtime required.
Tips for a Successful and Productive Consultation
The decision to undergo a mommy makeover is one that should be carefully considered. For this reason, it’s best to come to your consultation fully prepared. The following tips will help you get the most out of your mommy makeover consultation:
- You’re sure to have plenty of questions about your potential procedures, so do some research beforehand and then bring a list of any questions you have. While you’ll probably have more questions during the actual consultation, your list will help you organize your thoughts and feel more comfortable.
- Since the consultation will probably include a physical exam of the relevant portions of your body, be sure to wear comfortable clothing that is easy to remove.
- Have your medical history information on hand and a list of your current medications.
- Ask to take a tour of the operating facility.
With a mommy makeover, you can finally restore the figure that pregnancy has changed. If you’re ready to take the next step, contact Dr. David Cangello today at (212) 644-4416 to schedule your personal consultation for a mommy makeover in NYC.