Finding the perfect holiday gift for a close friend or family member can be a struggle. You want to give them something that they will appreciate for years to come and make them feel special.
It might surprise you, but plastic surgery is quickly becoming the gift of choice for such occasions. As people become more open about undergoing cosmetic enhancements, the attitude toward plastic surgery in general has shifted, making it a common item on gift wish lists during the holiday seasons.
Plastic surgery can be a treasured gift for someone close to you, but it requires a delicate, thought-out approach. The following guide sheds some light on this growing holiday trend and provides some helpful etiquette tips to successfully gift plastic surgery.
Why Plastic Surgery is a Great Holiday Gift
New Year’s Resolutions
As the end of the year comes to a close, people are already listing out their goals for 2018. Many of these goals will invariably include “get back into shape” or “lose weight.” While plastic surgery isn’t a weight-loss technique, it can greatly complement the effects of regular exercise and a healthy diet. In particular, procedures like liposuction can eliminate stubborn pockets of fat that have become resistant to traditional weight-loss methods. Likewise, a tummy tuck can restore the midsection in ways that exercise simply can’t. With the gift of plastic surgery, the special someone in your life can be that much closer to achieving his or her cosmetic goals in 2018.
During warmer months, most people are spending as much time outdoors as possible. While patients can undergo plastic surgery any time of the year, many find it more convenient during colder months because it’s easier to camouflage any post-surgery compression garments, scars, and dressings. Also, it’s important to protect recently treated or operated-on areas from the sun. During summer, this can present challenges, especially for people who love the outdoors. Moreover, since many people take “staycations” during the holidays, this brief break makes it the perfect time to recover from plastic surgery, especially when family is around to help out.
Summer Body Months in Advance
Summer always seems to sneak up on us, whether we’re prepared or not. For those wanting to make sure they look great as soon as the temperatures start rising, plastic surgery during the holidays offers the best head start. Body-contouring procedures like liposuction and tummy tuck surgery are popular options for people who are preparing to look their best when summer approaches.
Popular Cosmetic Enhancements for the Holidays
Breast augmentation is one of the most popular plastic surgery procedures performed every year. With its ability to improve both the size and shape of breasts, this procedure allows women to look and feel their best. While many women want to enhance their breasts, they often postpone undergoing surgery simply because they feel like they don’t have time for recovery. What better time to rest and recover than the holidays? Since the holidays are often spent at home with the family, women can get the most out of their recovery.
Body-contouring procedures like liposuction and tummy tuck surgery are always popular options for those wanting to look their best, so it’s no surprise that these surgeries are commonly requested for the holidays as well. Liposuction can remove fat when exercise no longer produces ideal results, and tummy tuck surgery can completely restore a slim, toned appearance to the abdomen. If that special someone in your life has expressed interest in body-contouring procedures, consider taking them to a consultation to discover whether they’re a good candidate.
A Mommy Makeover is the ultimate in body rejuvenation for mothers. This procedure combines some of the most transformative surgeries available – such as breast augmentation, breast lift, and tummy tuck surgery – to address cosmetic changes brought on by pregnancy and childbirth. With a Mommy Makeover, your loved one can head into the new year feeling comfortable with her body again.
Etiquette for Gifting Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery can truly be a special gift, but if you’re considering gifting such a personal present, it’s best to follow these tips:
- Plastic surgery and other cosmetic enhancements should never be given as a complete surprise to anyone.
- It’s important that the recipient has a good rapport with his or her potential surgeon. Before deciding to gift plastic surgery, take your loved one to a consultation. If they’re serious about their decision to undergo cosmetic enhancements and the surgeon is a good fit, then offer to cover the cost of the procedure.
- Never suggest a procedure or treatment that the recipient hasn’t already mentioned. Otherwise, you might send the wrong message and cause offense.
- If you want to give them a physical gift, consider purchasing a gift card for a treatment that the recipient regularly gets (like Botox® or dermal fillers).
- Ultimately, the gift of plastic surgery should be thoughtful. It’s about making the recipient feel special and being there for them emotionally during their cosmetic enhancement journey.
- Show you care this holiday season by giving the gift of plastic surgery. To get started, contact Dr. David Cangello today at (212) 644-4416 to schedule a personal consultation for you and a loved one.